Tribal Liaison : Kansas
Location: US:KS:Overland Park
Search Category: Legal
Type: Regular Full:Time (30+ hours)
Posted Date: 7/28/2012
More information about this job:
Responsibilities include Native American relations including but not limited to interfacing with Tribal Leaders, Indian Health Services, and Tribal 638 Service Delivery Systems; building and maintaining strategic relations, alliances and coalitions with Native American Pueblos, Tribes, Nations, Community Based Organizations, and Business Leaders; developing and implementing strategic initiatives, member outreach and retention activities, and health plan cultural sensitivity.
1. Plan, facilitate, and manage the bi:annual Health Plan meetings with Tribal Council members including the development of agendas, minutes, and other documentation as may be required by the Human Services Department (HSD) and/or Aging and Long:Term Services Department (ALTSD). Provide documentation for submission to the State to maintain contractual compliance and to Health Plan leadership for use in service delivery improvement.
2. Attend Tribal Consultations as requested by individual Tribal Nations or at the request of HSD and/or ALTSD and prepare reports for distribution to Health Plan leadership for use in service delivery improvement.
3. Establish and maintain strategic relationships with state, business, and tribal leaders and members throughout the state.
4. Annually review and revise the Cultural Competency Plan and health plan training program. Assist in the delivery of annual cultural competency training.
5. Collaborate with Marketing and Outreach staff to ensure member materials, advertising and other activities are appropriate for Native American audiences. 6. Support the development and execution of meaningful member activities in Native American communities.
7. Assist in identifying and developing education materials which meet Native American needs.
8. Collaborate with Quality Improvement team and Member Advocates to address quality concerns or complaints related to Native American members and/or Tribal 638 and Indian Health facilities. Make recommendations for changes needed to ensure and/or improve access and quality of care.
9. Collaborate with Medical Director and Service Coordination staff as needed to address the needs of Native American members with complex issues.
10. Identify opportunities for the Foundation to support non:profit community organizations that serve the Native American Community.
11. Other duties as requested.
: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Marketing, Communications or similar field. Preferred: Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Marketing, Communications or similar field.
Years and Type of Experience Required: Requir